Feb 23, 2011

Life is what you make it!

Have you ever noticed that it is easy to live by that thought whenever things are going your way? Well, what about when they aren't going your way? A lot of times it is easier to wallow in self pity instead of keeping your head up and moving forward. I think Zig Ziglar did an excellent job when he said, "It's not what happens to you that determines how far you will go in life - it is how you handle what happens to you."

The recession is effecting so many people every where, for example, in the last 7 days, I lost 2 of my income sources. Talk about a blow below the belt. The way I see it, I have 2 choices.
  1. Sit around and do nothing, wallow in self pity, and cry the blues..
  2. Be proactive. Get up and do something and view the unfortunate events as a NEW Beginning.
My choice? The latter! This is MY new beginning! Good things never last forever, so it is my opportunity to create something new and better for me and my family! 

Will it be easy? Well, is it EVER?? 

Will it be fun? ABSOLUTELY!

Will I shed a few tears along the way? More than likely, I tend to be weepy sometimes :)

Will it destroy everything I have accomplished within myself? I think NOT!

Point: Don't let the circumstances of today mold who you'll be tomorrow. You have to be you. You have to make decisions based on what you need not what life thinks you need.

So, if you are under the weather, today is a new day and the forecast is

SUNNY with a 100% Chance of OPPORTUNITY!



4 comments:

DP said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you back.

DP
Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

Unknown said...

I love your blog and am now a subscriber! I have a giveaway posted right now, and could use some people to post and enter. Its free of course and you could win a $15 Gift Certificate!

Thanks,
Tiffany Layden-Ooley
The Write Way!
http://thewritewayz.blogspot.com/

Glynis said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your positive thinking. I am following you back.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Sorry about your recent trials, but I LOVE your attitude. I've been losing my patience easily these days, even with little things, and really needed that reminder. I'm happy I found your blog. Janae